And we are done! I’m so pleased to have taken part in Me Made May again this year and I feel I’ve got a lot more out of it than I did last year. A short week with just three days… You can check out my week 1 roundup here, week 2 here, week 3 here, and week 4 here).
- Shirt – McCalls 7472 raglan sleeve shirt // blogged here
- Location – on the way home with the lovely Rhins of Kells behind me
Thoughts on week 5
I’ve enjoyed this way more than I thought I would. It has given me a good kick up the butt to get on and blog a lot of the things I sewed earlier in the year, and it has made me realise that taking photos of myself isn’t the end of the world! So a definite resolution moving forward is to blog my projects much quicker and more frequently.
Clothing-wise I’ve realised:
- How much I like wearing shirts (shame they are one of the more time consuming things to make!)
- Strong colours look better on me
- I need more cropped sweaters to wear with shirts and over dresses
- I’d like some more dresses to wear
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing some of my handmade wardrobe and hopefully you are inspired to maybe try making something yourself. Don’t forget to check out the #mmmay17 tag on Instagram to see everyone elses wonderful handmade clothes.