Description: Sewing with jersey is often daunting, but in this class we’ll teach you all the tips and techniques you need to sew with stretchy fabric. In this class you can make a jersey top of your choice – our suggested patterns are the Tilly & The Buttons Agnes – a fitted t-shirt, or the Coco – a looser fit top or tunic. If you’d rather use a different pattern then please get in touch with us well in advance to make sure we have it in stock on the day.
Skill level: Competent Beginners.
Requirements: Fabric requirements will depend on your chosen pattern – get 10% off class supplies at Holm Sown.
– 1.5m of 147cm wide fabric OR
– 1.5m of 112cm wide fabric for sizes UK6-14 OR 2.3m of 112cm wide fabric for sizes UK16-20
– Dress with funnel neck + cuffs – 2.3m x 150cm wide (2 1/2 yards x 60in) OR 3m x 115cm wide (3 1/4 yards x 45in)
– Plain dress – 2m (2¼ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.7m (3 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
– Top with funnel neck + cuffs – 1.8m (2 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.7m (3 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
– Plain top – 1.5m (1¾in yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.2m (2½ yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
Class meets: 12th November, 10.00pm – 5.30pm.