Description: Learn the no-waste method for sewing four flying geese at a time, and assemble them into this gorgous fabric basket. The caddy is fully lined and you’ll add some straight line quilting to strengthen it. These make great storage baskets for holding your sewing and knitting projects!
The finished caddy measures approximately 25.5cm / 10″ (width) x 14cm / 5.5″ (deep) x 14cm / 5.5″ (high).
Skill level: Suitable for confident sewers. You should be able to sew accurate seams with confidence and have made several projects already. No quilting experience is required. You will learn how to use a rotary cutter if you haven’t used one before.
Requirements: You’ll need the following fabric – recommended fabrics are quilting weight cottons or cotton/linen blends. The flying geese look best when you use fabric that has good contrast. You’ll get a 10% discount for any supplies you buy in the shop.
- 1 x fat quarter for the outside (pieces above and below the row of flying geese) and handles
- 1 x fat quarter for the lining
- 2 x fat quarters for the flying geese – ensure there is some contrast between the two. If you want to make you geese more colourful then you will need additional fat quarters – you will have fabric left over.
- Thread for construction, and additional colour(s) for quilting if desired
- Note that your fat quarters should be fat quarters of a metre and measure at least 56cm x 50cm / 22″ x 20″
Available dates: This class is over 2 sessions lasting a total of 6 hours.
Sunday 26th February: 10am – 5.30pm
Light refreshments will be provided throughout the class. For full-day workshops, please bring a packed lunch or you can pop out to one of the cafes in town to buy something.