Hazel Hedgehog Quilt Pattern by Elizabeth Hartman
This paper pattern uses conventional patchwork techniques to make these adorable bear blocks. The pattern includes instructions for baby, lap and twin sized quilts:
- Baby quilt – measuring 37″ x 43″
- Lap quilt – measuring 56″ x 61″
- Twin quilt – measuring 66″ x 83″
You can customise the look of your Hazel Hedgehogs as:
- Option 1 – use the same fabric for all the faces and bodies and a different colourful fabric for the hedgehog spines. This is a good option if you are using multi-coloured print fabrics for the spines, then choose neutral solids for the faces and bodies.
- Option 2 – use 3 coordinating scraps in light (8″x8″), medium (6″x7″) and dark (10″x10″) shades to create an ombre effect.
- For both options the eye and nose fabric should be the darkest of all your fabrics.
The pattern includes a comprehensive cutting list for the fabric. Refer to the material requirements on the back of the pattern for fabric requirements and fabric suggestions.